We are looking for an experienced System Engineer for daily support operations and administration of Azure Cloud IaaS including virtual machines, networking, applications, and storage etc. You will ensure that all configuration conforms to high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment, aligning to design documentation specifications. You will also be working closely and collaborate with the L1 support team in order to identify potential issues, troubleshoot and fix existing problems. You will be able to work on technical proposal for system upgrade, cloud resource proposal, recurring cost related to the implementation and ongoing maintenance of new or existing systems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a good understanding of Azure cloud technologies & services, systems & network infrastructure, and Linux OS. You must have the ability to manage issues with proper resolution/documentation and SLAs is required for this role.
- Performance monitoring and management which includes proactive capacity planning and utilization monitoring to maintain quality of service
- Backup and recovery administration.
- Oversee and administer a variety of Azure products and services, especially the cloud server and services, virtualization systems, patch management systems, etc.
- Provide recommendation on compute optimisation.
- Conducting regular system and network performance tests.
- Keep track of report, keep reporting manager informed with regular reports.
- Dealing with escalated support issues.
- Remote applicants are welcome
- Diploma/Degree in computer science/information technology or related field of study.
- 2 – 3 years of success in operational/administration and deployment/migration projects in cloud environment
- Should have experience in Linux OS
- Experience working on Application and Server monitoring as well as Ticketing tools Well versed with support process like SOP, NOC, Handover/Takeover, following SLA
- Knowledge in scripting, good knowledge in OS patching, etc
- Good problem-solving skill
- Azure Certified Administrator Associate and above certification preferred