We are looking for a solution-focused desktop support specialist to provide our employees with hands-on, systematic support. The desktop support specialist should receive IT-related concerns, and then proceed to diagnose and solve these issues. You should also ensure the regular maintenance of our customers’ IT infrastructure.
To be successful as a desktop support specialist, you should be skilled in the fitting and upkeep of computers and their networks.
- Advising customers on appropriate procedures for directing their IT-related queries and recommendations.
- Receiving and documenting requests for support.
- Deciding on the most suitable ways of resolving issues.
- Delivering IT and related assistance upon request.
- Configuring new desktops, routers, modems, and similar devices.
- Performing routine inspections and upkeep of existing installations.
- Updating computer operating systems and other important software, as needed.
- Substantiating requests for hardware and software purchases and upgrades, if appropriate.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Remote applicants are welcome
- Higher NITEC/Diploma in computer science/information technology or related field of study.
- 1-2 years of experience is preferred; fresh graduates are welcome.
- Passion for new technology and commitment to learning new skills.
- Ability to read and follow instructions (e.g. only applications through the below form will be reviewed)
- Good time management skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Good analytical skills.
- Certifications like ITILv4 and/or CCNA will be an advantage