- We are looking for a network engineer who will be responsible for configuring and administering data networks for clients on a project basis.
- Your primary duties will include the configuration of data networks, hardware, software, and other related systems. You will also be working closely with the users of the clients’ network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems while on site.
- We are a small team and all of us work independently the majority of the time. If you prefer to work independently, this could be a great working environment for you. Working hours are flexible since projects may require us to work odd hours or over the weekend.
- To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a good understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers.
- A good knowledge of application, transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
- Higher NITEC/Diploma/Degree in computer science/information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus or CCNA/CCNP certified.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Able to work independently and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
*1-2 years of experience preferred; fresh graduates may apply as well.*