We are looking for a network engineer who will be responsible for configuring and administering data networks for clients on a project basis. Your primary duties will include the configuration of data networks, hardware, software, and other related
systems. You will also be working closely with the users of the clients’ network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems while on site.
We are a small team and all of us work independently most of the time.
If you prefer to work independently, this could be a great working environment for you. Working hours are flexible since projects may require us to work odd hours or over the weekend. To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a good understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A good knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols highly desired.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Singaporeans or PR only
- Higher NITEC/Diploma/Degree in computer science/information technology or related field of study with a network engineering focus or CCNA/CCNP certified.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Able to work independently and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred; fresh graduates may apply